"Under the ADA, a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person's disability." Click here to visit the ADA website for more information.
RSK TRAINS AND SPONSORS THE TRI STATE AREA'S THERAPY DOG TEAM WHICH VISITS VARIOUS MEDICAL AND REHABILITATION FACILITIES. FROM THIS PROGRAM WE HAVE ENHANCED OUR SKILLS IN DEVELOPING ASSISTANCE DOGS OF ALL TYPES. WE PROVIDE NO-COST SERVICE DOGS TO QUALIFIED VETERANS.
TRAINING INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Being Polite In Various Environments
- Advance Obedience in Public Access Environments
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC)
- Addressing Stressful Environments
- Individualized Therapy Interactions as needed.